As we all know, this world-wide crisis has changed many business models – both positively and negatively.
For project management speakers, both professional and casual, this is certainly the case. And for the consumers of project management speakers, PMI Chapters and all sorts of other organizations, this holds true as well: the market for in-person sessions has crashed but the market for virtual presentations has exploded.
As a result, speakers with project management content have a big opportunity in front of them and I would like to help.
If you consider yourself a good speaker with good content that would be of interest to anyone looking to learn, expand their view of the PM world and yes, collect PDUs, then please read on.
ProjectBites is a catalogue/portal of project management content – each unit being 20-minutes in length – that will help market you and your product(s) around the world AND reward you with revenue, based on the consumption of your content.
Here is what you need to know:
- There is no charge to you
- You will receive a revenue share from the new portal: 20% of total subscription or licencing revenue collected by ProjectBites, based on a weighted share using video ‘views’. At that time, you will be provided with an ‘audit’ report showing all activity and the calculation for commission payment.
- As a contributing speaker, you will be given access to the whole site, as long as your content is resident on the site.
- You can submit as many ‘sessions’ as you wish for review and approval
- All of your contact information plus bio, and session descriptions will be included for anyone who wants to get in touch with you before or after viewing your session(s).
- People will be able to view all your session details, PLUS a 20-second preview, but NOT the 20-minute session, at no cost.
Why would you do this?
- Because this is becoming the largest open directory of PM-focussed speakers and consultants in the world – one that many PMI and APM chapters will soon be consulting with for their virtual and in-person content.
- Because your speaker profile PLUS at least one BITE will be an awesome reference point for any organization looking into employing your services.
- Because if your content is good, you will earn a little money.
- Because throughout the process, you will learn how to cut your own videos for your own marketing and promotion.
- Because this is a safe, easy, and risk-free way to up to improve your brand awareness:
- we are not asking for the rights to any of your IP, content, or titles.
- there is no time commitment here – you can leave us anytime you want and we will take down your content immediately
Next Steps for you.
- Think about what BITES you might want to produce – 20 minutes ONLY
- Contact David Barrett at firstname.lastname@example.org
We are looking for anything that:
- is 20 minutes MAX. in length
- is of interest to any part of the project management community
- will give the viewer something that they can take away that will make them better at what they do tomorrow
These 20-minute ‘bites’ are NOT 1-hour speeches crammed into 20 minutes. They are more to-the-point and simplified. Typically, they contain 3-5 nuggets of learning for the viewer. The slides are clean, simple and easy to read. People will leave in 20-minutes having learned something new and interesting into an easy-to-follow, clear format.
The title of your sessions will be critical to ‘our’ success. They must be catchy, and compelling.
If the topic is basic, normal and easily had elsewhere, then it will not sell, and it will not be accepted to the site.
Some of the more successful sessions we have had at ProjectTalks over the years:
- The Critical Importance of a Work Spouse
- Change Management – The “Scope-Creep” Magic Bullet
- How To Know When “Agile” Isn’t the Right Answer
- Metrics: Friend or Foe?
- Emotionally Intelligent Project Management
- Putting the Learned back in Lessons Learned
- Did You Get The Message?
- Stop Making Innovation a 4-Letter Word
- The Impact of Culture on Program and Project Performance
- Raiding for Agile Gold!
- Game-Changing Project Leadership
- Artificial Intelligence for Project Management: Hero or Villain?